Daily Announcements

May 16, 2019

COLLEGE/CAREER/SENIORS:

• SENIORS…any senior interested in participating in their elementary school graduation walk needs to pick up and turn in a permission slip by FRIDAY May 17th.  Permission forms are available outside room 125 and AP office.  Please turn all completed permission forms to Mrs. Kane in room 125!!
  • Seniors that plan to enter military service following graduation and want to receive honor cords for the commencement ceremony should sign up in the AP office by May 17, 2019.  Want to make sure you receive your cords well in advance of the ceremony.
  • Seniors would you like to order a class t-shirt?  If you would go to www.mmprinc.net Login: seniors2019. The store is set up and ready to go.  It will only be open till 5/16/2019.  Please stop in the AP office with any questions.
  • Attention Seniors: If you did not pick up your cap and gown, please pick it up in the AP Office.
  • Seniors: if you have not done your handprint yet, stop in the AP Office to sign up by the end of the day Monday.  Tuesday will be the last day during Prides we will be doing Handprints.  Also, we have noticed some of the seniors are putting two handprints up. If we find this, we will cover both handprints. You will not have a handprint on the wall at all.  Please let’s all be honest. Don’t ruin the fun for everyone else!
  • A reminder to all Seniors:  Please be sure all your obligations are met! We have many students who still owe school fees.  If you owe fees you will not be able to pick up your tickets for the graduation ceremony until you have completed all your obligations.  Check with the fee collectors, LMC and AP office to see if you owe any fees or overdue book and fines.  We hope to have tickets ready to distribute next week.

SPORTS:

• Congratulations to senior Emily Pierson, who has been selected to play in the girl’s basketball Division 1 South All-Star Game in the Wisconsin Dells on Friday, June 14, at JustAGame Field House. This event is a fundraiser for the MACC Fund (Midwest Athletes Against Childhood Cancer). Please support Emily and this worthy cause by purchasing tickets from her or by donating. No amount is too small! Donation page: https://www.wisbca.org/allstar-game/allstar-girls-teams.php?p=Emily-Pierson&id=1247&s=g&d=1&t=South
  • Attention to all students who are interested in playing football next year:  There is an informational meeting this Sunday night at 7:00 pm for all players and parents.   We will start in the small auditorium.  Parents and players should both attend.  See Coach Bunderson with any questions.

ACADEMICS/COMMUNITY:

• Attention Everyone!  This Saturday May 18th at 7:00 pm is the Craig Talent Show. The cost is only 5$.  We have dancing, dinging, and comedy, among others. We would love to see you there!
  • Today is the last day to purchase your yearbook online at $60. Quantities are limited. Head over to the school website to sneak a peek at the cover. It’s absolutely one you’re going to love!! The price will increase to $65 and sales will have to be with the fee collectors after this date. Books will be distributed on the 28th and 29th in Pride. See or email Mrs. Haberkorn with any questions.
  • Student Council elections will take place in prides on May 21st.  Representative and officer forms can be found in the athletics office room 311, and are due may 17th.  See Mr. Kealy or Mrs. Hanson with any questions.
  • Important Library Dates: May 3rd is the last day student may check out library items.  Starting May 7th Students will be receiving paper overdue notices. May 17th all library items are due.  May 30th & May 31st Senior Chromebooks will be collected during the school day. Please see library staff if you have any questions.
  • The wall outside of Room 709, the yearbook office, has been updated with names of those who have purchased a yearbook. Please check to see if you have purchased. Yearbooks are still available online at jostens.com. Get yours by May 15th before the books are sold out.
  • Did you know that one billion people on our planet do not have access to safe, clean drinking water?  The Interact Club is hosting its 3rd annual water walk on the Craig track on Saturday, May 18th at 10AM.   Cost of the walk is free, and it can be an opportunity to earn volunteer hours.  Consider attending the event to help bring awareness to this global issue or give a donation to our cause.  We are also fundraising to help build a well for an orphanage in Haiti.  There are two ways to contribute: Donate in your first hour for a chance to win a class party; OR purchase a raffle ticket from a club member to win fabulous prizes such as gift cards to GRs, H&S, Sunset Tan, Mac’s Pizza, and much more.

TRAVEL/FIELD TRIPS

• Attention Travelers: An adventure tour to Costa Rica will take place in 2020.  The cost of this trip is approximately $2400, and that includes airfare, food, and lodging, as well as almost all excursions involved for this 10 day trip. We will visit volcanoes, kayak, see the rainforest, take a surfing lesson, and conclude with a whitewater rafting trip, among other things. See  Mr. Kealy in room 521, Mr. Stuckey in room 500, or and Mr. Hammen in room 300 to get information and get added to an email list!

PAST ANNOUNCEMENTS

• Are you struggling with math, English, Spanish, biology, or any other class? PAWS is here to help. We have peer tutors ready to help you out with anything. Sometimes it is easier and more fun to work with other students and get a different perspective rather than working with a teacher. PAWS is held in room 530 on Mondays after school and Wednesdays before school. Please contact Ms. Lottes or Ms. Knoerr if you have any questions.
  • STUDENTS! There is a new version of Google Chrome.  Update your Chromebook in 3 easy steps. Step 1:  Click the MORE MENU item on the top right when you are in Chrome.  It looks like 3 DOTS. Step 2:  Select HELP. Step 3: Select ABOUT GOOGLE CHROME. Google Chrome will update if needed.  If you have any questions, see Mrs. Pumilia in the library.