Daily Announcements: Friday, September 11

AP Office & Criterion Staff

Quote of the week: “Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day”.

COMMUNITY/ACADEMICS:

• To close our suicide prevention week: Please remember: IF YOU SEE SOMETHING.  SAY SOMETHING.  Find a TRUSTED adult.  You could save someone’s life. “This letter is to you: The you that’s had a rough week.  The you that seems to be under constant storm clouds. The you that feels invisible.  The you that doesn’t know how much longer you can hold on.  The you that has lost faith.  The you that always blames yourself for everything that goes wrong.  To you.
  • The Craig FFA will be holding its first meeting of the year on Tuesday, Sept 15th from 3:30-4:15.  We will meet outside near the greenhouse.  Please bring your mask and social distance.  We will be serving ice cream treats.  Come find out what the FFA is planning for this year.
  • If you are interested in purchasing a parking permit, please email Ms. Crook at [email protected].  You will need to fill out a google form and pay $100.00 for the year. Also if you have a permit, it needs to be paid in full as soon as possible.
  • If you have textbooks from last year to return, they may be returned to the cart outside of the AP Office. We will let them sit for 72 hours then scan them in. Please Return books as soon as possible. 
  • All students who need help with their Chromebooks should ask their teacher to write them a pass to visit the library during that class period.

COLLEGE/CAREER/SENIORS:

• Attention Juniors: If you are interested in taking the PSAT/NMSQT, registration is now open.  The PSAT is a voluntary standardized test that provides first hand practice for the SAT.  It also gives juniors the chance to enter the National Merit Scholarship Program. The test will be offered on Wednesday, October 14th at the Pontiac Convention Center.  Students will report at 7:30 and will finish at approximately Noon. Students can register and pay for the exam through  Monday, Sept. 14th at midnight.  Cost is $18 and due when you register.  Please visit www.TotalRegistration.net/PSAT/500955 to register.  You can also view more information about the PSAT  on the student services web page under testing information.  Juniors and Parents should also have a  detailed letter about the PSAT in their email. Any questions please contact Shelly Osmond in the Student Center.