International Buddies Club tours Madison

On November 4, 2021, 45 students in Craig’s International Buddies program visited Madison. 

They toured the UW Madison campus and experienced State Street.

Students from Craig as well as international students from both Craig and Parker attended.

The club membership numbers around 50 students.

“This is a prestigious university that some of the international students are considering attending,” said field trip coordinator Carly Stengel.

The students took a campus tour led by two former UW Madison students who now work with the Janesville International Education Program. 

“The students were shown some of the educational buildings at the college as well as some resources available to international students,” said Stengel.

After the tour of UW Madison, the students explored State Street.

Stengel said, “This is a popular street for shopping, eating, and American culture.” 

“We had State Street Brats,” said sophomore Leah Perry. “The food was amazing!”

“Then we went to the capital building and took pictures there. We also went inside,” she added. 

Each international student was paired with one or more domestic students, who showed them around State Street. 

“They were able to eat lunch, shop, and learn about Wisconsin’s Capitol. This was a cultural and educational experience for both international and domestic students,” said Stengel.

Stengel sees a bright future for the international education program. 

“The Janesville School District is incredibly happy to be able to guide all of the students, international and domestic, to bright futures,” she said.

Thank you to Leah Perry, Craig sophomore, for providing pictures.