2019 Daily Announcements

Daily Announcements: Thursday, December 12

COMMUNITY/ACADEMICS:

• The Virtual Reality Room in the library is now open.  Mrs. Pumilia is allowing students to enter these experiences a few days a week after school from 3:45-4:25.  ONLY 2 students will be allowed to sign up each session. See library staff to sign up. YOU MUST HAVE YOUR ID and you will be issued a VR Pass.  Any questions, please see Mrs. Pumilia.
  • Remember next week we will have dress up days!  So start planning! Monday will be Red and Green Day, Tuesday is Tree Skirt Day, Wednesday will be Wacky Christmas sock Day, Thursday is  Holiday Hat Day, Friday will beUgly Sweater Day.
  • PSAT results are in! If you took the PSAT in October, please stop in the student center to pick up your score report and test booklet.
  • Attention all students, please join us on December 20 at 7:00 in the Craig cafeteria for a Winter Bash!  Its only $5 to enter. Prizes will be awarded from our raffle tickets available the week before, and all proceeds from the dance will benefit a Craig family.  Visit the candy jar at 500 hall and 600 hall later this week to learn more.
  • We have a new club at Craig: the Cornhole Club! We are going to have our first meeting next Wednesday, December 18 in room 908 from 3:45  4:30.
  • Did you know that 60 percent of the world’s hungry are women and girls? Help us spread awareness about the issue that hunger is. You can even volunteer to make this change happen, not only in our world, but in our community. This Saturday, you can volunteer at Janesville’s Bags of Hope event to help those who are hungry in our area. Check your student email for information and to sign up.
  • Are you planning on going to the Craig vs Parker boys basketball game tonight?  Don’t forget to bring your New toy for the Stuff your Truck event. The Toys for Tots Truck will be located near the entrance of the game.  One hundred percent of the toys collected are given to local agencies for children in Rock County.
  • Attention students!   It is recommended that you shut down your Chromebook at least once a week.  When you turn it back on, it updates the Google Chromebook Operating System and fixes many issues.  See Mrs. Pumilia or library staff if you have questions.
  • Club photos will take place on Tuesday and Wednesday 12/17-12/18. Please be prepared to have your photo taken for all clubs you are a part of. Listen to the announcements and check your email for the order of clubs. Teachers will also have access to the schedule.

COLLEGE/CAREER/SENIORS:

CLUBS:

• The Sierra Club will be having a meeting this week, Thursday after school and Friday morning before school.

SPORTS:

VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:

TRAVEL/FIELD TRIPS:

• Attention all 9th and 10 graders:  Are you interested in international travel?  Seeing exotic locals? Going to the Down Under?  Mr. Erickson, of Franklin Middle School, is working with EF Tours to take a group of current 5th-10th grade Janesville students to Australia and New Zealand in July of 2021.  If you are interested in this opportunity, we still have two meetings available for you to attend. It is highly recommended that you attend one of them. Those meetings are scheduled for Monday, December 16th at 5:30 pm in the CRAIG HIGH SCHOOL Small Auditorium and Wednesday, December 18th at 6:00 pm in the PARKER HIGH SCHOOL Small Auditorium.  Please scan the QR code or go to the URL found on one of the flyers throughout the school, in order to RSVP in advance.  Look forward to seeing you there.

PAST ANNOUNCEMENTS:

• Russian Club is open to anyone who is interested in learning about Russian culture, language, and traditions. We will explore topics including food, music, books, movies, and holidays. Please see Mrs. Kaspar or Mrs. Nickel if you have questions.
  • Anyone interested in joining Christian Fellowship Club is welcome to join us every Tuesday morning at 7:30 AM in room 524.  The meetings are short so you can get to your first class on time, but if you have any suggestions for activities we appreciate hearing about them.
  • Attention Juniors: The Wisconsin Start College Now Program, formerly known as Youth Options, allows public high school juniors and seniors who meet certain requirements to take post secondary courses at Blackhawk Technical College.  Approved courses count toward high school graduation and college credit. Applications are due on March 1st, 2020 for fall 2020 courses. Applications are available in the Craig Student Center and completed applications can be turned into the appropriate counselor. 
  • The Wisconsin Early College Credit Program, formerly Course Options, allows public high school students who meet certain requirements to take post secondary courses at a Wisconsin public college or a Wisconsin private college.  Approved courses count toward high school graduation and college credit. Applications are due on March 1st, 2020 for fall 2020 courses. Applications are available in the Craig Student Center and completed applications can be turned into the appropriate counselor.